North Ainslie Primary is growing a garden and we would love you to be a part of it!
The Garden, together with the Canteen, is part of the Healthy Eating Hub.
The Hub is a NAPS project which is encouraging good health by involving students and their families in:
- serving and
- Healthy, delicious food!
A school garden
- Connects students, teachers and the wider community
- Promotes teamwork and self esteem
- Expands the learning context beyond the walls of the classroom
- Offers an organic, outdoor space for learning, ritual and celebration
- Encourages risk-taking such as trying new foods, learning new skills and developing new relationships
- Increases physical activity and improves nutrition
The garden is run mostly by volunteers who work together with students, teachers and the school community to keep the garden going. There are lots of ways you can become involved. It can be once a week, once a month or even once a year.
- Wednesday Working Bees
- HEHUB Garden Produce Stall
- Seasonal Weekend Working Bees
- Garden Arts and Crafts
If you would like to be involved, have some time to spare or some ideas to share, please contact us: