North Ainslie Primary School (NAPS) is an authorised International Baccalaureate World School offering the Primary Years Program (IB PYP). We provide a program where 'hearts meet minds' and we produce global learners that make a difference in the world.
As an IB school operating within a restorative, respectful environment, North Ainslie continually strives to be an internationally minded community of learners who exemplify the attributes expressed in the IB Learner Profile. Our curriculum aims to develop students with these attributes:
- Well balanced
In order to develop these Learner Profile attributes the curriculum at North Ainslie regards the following values and attitudes as being of great significance:
Our Curriculum Goals Are Supported By the Following Practices
Multi- age learning focuses on each child's needs and promotes:
- the ability of students to move from easier to more difficult material and from simple to more complex strategies at their own pace, and
- Flexible groupings of children that capitalise on the differences in their experiences, knowledge, and abilities.
Personalised Learning Plans are developed to:
- create a clear learning pathway;
- promote high standards of educational achievement and well being for every child, and
- raise standards by focusing teaching and learning on the aptitudes and interests of students, and recognising individual difference.
Learning is made visible to students through:
- explicit learning intentions
- clear success criteria
- ongoing formative assessment, and
- constructive feedback.
Partnerships between parents/carers and school promote:
- help with at-home learning
- volunteer work in the school
- strong school committees, and
- provision of expertise and resources.
Teachers working in teams:
- collaborate and communicate frequently
- increase skill development among staff
- foster professional dialogue and reflection, and
- improve programs by formal reflection processes