Our Introductory English Centre (IEC)
Ainslie ACT 2602
Teacher in charge telephone: (02) 6205 6674
The Introductory English Centre (IEC) is an introduction to school life in Australia. The main focus is on learning the English language and school routines.
- Children are eligible to come to the IEC if they have no or minimal oral English.
- Children stay in the IEC for 2 - 3 terms then exit to their neighbourhood school.
- Classes are limited to 15 children in each class.
- Teachers have a qualification in English as an Additional Language (EAL/D) or are in the process of gaining one.
- Temporary residents must contact the International Education Unit (IEU) email@example.com before contacting IEC.
The main focus of the IEC is to increase children's oral ability, ensuring that they can understand instructions and communicate with their peers. Only permanent residents are entitled to bus transport. Please call to make an appointment time before coming to the centre.
For more information or to make an appointment, please contact the IEC on 6205 6674 during school hours 9am-3pm.
Introductory English Centre
What to bring to enrolment interview
Please first make an appointment.
- Completed enrolment forms
- Medical Information form
- Student's birth certificate if born in Australia and proof of Australian citizenship (e.g. Australian Passport)
- Student's passport if born overseas
- Student's immunisation records
- Proof of residency (e.g. a drivers license or bill showing your current address)