Healthy Eating Recipes
olive oil 1 tablespoon
garlic, crushed and minced 1 large clove
onion, chopped 1 large
chicken breasts, cut into strips 2 x large
red capsicum, chopped 1
can of chopped tomatoes 400g
oregano 1 teaspoon
paprika 1 teaspoon
light sour cream 1 cup
reduced fat cheddar cheese, grated 1 cup
corn tortillas, or other wholemeal flat bread e.g. Lebanese, lavash or mountain breads 8
1. Preheat oven to 180°c oven.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over a medium-high heat.
3. Add the chicken, onion and garlic and sauté until the chicken is cooked but not browned.
4. Add the capsicum, ¾ of the chopped tomatoes, oregano and paprika.
5. Simmer uncovered until thick, approximately 30 minutes. If it thickens too quickly, add a little water. Remove from heat and set aside.
6. In a bowl, combine light sour cream and ½ of the grated reduced-fat cheese.
7. Add a few water droplets to the tortillas to soften them slightly. Fill each tortilla with chicken mixture and add a spoonful of the sour cream and cheese mixture to each tortilla. Roll up and arrange side by side, seam-side down, in a 23x33x5cm baking dish.
8. Pour the rest of the chopped tomatoes and sprinkle the rest of the reduced-fat cheese over the top.
9. Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through.
10. Serve warm.