Healthy Eating RecipesA B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Olive oil 1tsp
Pumpkin, peeled and cubed 600gm
Small red onions diced or 1 shallot, sliced finely 2
Large red capsicum, diced 1
Couscous 2 cups
Reduced salt stock (vegetable or chicken) 2 cups
Coriander or parsley, chopped (optional) 1 cup
Lemon juice 2 tablespoon
Hummus 1 tablespoon
1. Heat oil in saucepan. Add chopped vegetables and cook until softened.
2. Add stock, bring to boil and turn off heat.
3. Add couscous and cover. Allow to stand for 5 minutes or until liquid had been absorbed.
4. Meanwhile, whisk together dressing in a small bowl.
5. Once the liquid is absorbed, fluff couscous with a fork.
6. Stir in coriander or parsley and dressing.
7. Serve in plastic tubs.
Add rinsed and drained canned chickpeas, cannellini beans or brown lentils.
Add drained canned pineapple pieces.
Add frozen corn kernels and frozen peas, warmed in boiling water.
Add diced seeded Lebanese cucumber, diced seeded tomatoes or halved cherry tomatoes.
Serve in iceberg lettuce cups
Chicken Noodle Soup
Reduced salt chicken stock 2.5 litres
Garlic, crushed 2 cloves
Brown onion, finely sliced 2
Celery, sliced 4 stalks
Carrots sliced 2
Bok choy washed and finely chopped 2 bunches
Hokkien noodles 250g
Cooked chicken thigh shredded 250g
1. Lightly spray a large saucepan with oil. Add, garlic, onion, celery and carrot and sauté until soft. Approximately 10 minutes.
2. Add stock, noodles and bok choy and simmer 5 minutes.
3. Just before serving add chicken and heat through.
4. Serve in small hot drink cups.
Cheesy Corn Quesadillas
Flour tortillas 5
Red capsicum, finely chopped 1
Cup reduced fat cheese, grated 5
Corn kernels no added salt canned or frozen, drained 250g
Canola oil spray (only if needed to prevent sticking)
1. Preheat sandwich press or frying pan.
2. Mix capsicum, grated cheese and corn, set aside.
3. If needed, lightly spray one side of each tortilla with canola oil.
4. Top half of the tortillas with filling.
5. Place remaining tortillas on top and place in sandwich press.
6. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.7. Remove from sandwich press, cut into wedges and serve